PTE Academic is the world's leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration. PTE Academic is accepted by thousands of universities worldwide, including prestigious institutions such as Harvard Business School, INSEAD and Yale. PTE Academic is also accepted for visa purposes by the Australian government.
Typically, PTE Academic results are available within five business days.
PTE Academic assesses listening, reading, speaking and writing all via computer in a single 3 hour test session.
To complete a PTE Academic test, you will need to attend a secure Pearson test centre. You will use a computer and headset to listen to, read and respond to questions.
PTE Academic assesses real-life, academic content, so you will hear excerpts from lectures and view graphs and charts. You will hear a range of accents in the test, from British and American to non-native speakers, so you will be exposed to the type of accents you will encounter in everyday life.
THE TEST PATTERN (3 HOURS):
PART 1: SPEAKING & WRITING (77 – 93 minutes)
- Personal Introduction
- Read aloud
- Repeat sentence
- Describe image
- Re-tell lecture
- Answer short question
- Summarize written text (one sentence)
- Summarize written text (paragraph)
- Essay (20mins)
PART 2: READING (32 – 41 minutes)
- Multiple choice questions (x2)
- Re-order paragraphs
- Fill in the blanks (x2)
PART 3: LISTENING (45 – 57 minutes)
- Summarize spoken text
- Multiple choice x2
- Fill the blanks
- Highlight the correct summary
- Select missing word
- Highlight incorrect words
- Write from dictation
HOW PTE IS DIFFERENT THAN IELTS?
- The IELTS being completely paper based uses diagram, graph or chart for the writing section. On the other hand, PTE is totally computer based and thus uses many innovative techniques to test writing capabilities of the candidate. A computer program evaluates the speaking and rates the test taker.
- IELTS has set time for each paper, and candidates can move forwards and backwards whereas PTE has section timings and can move forward only.
- PTE is based on complete automated scoring and grades a test taker in the band of 10-90. A 0-9 band is used in the manual scoring pattern of IELTS.
AS IT IS RIGHTLY SAID ‘BIG RESULTS ARISE FROM BIG AMBITIONS’, WE OFFER YOU UNPARALLELED LEARNING EXPERIENCE INSTILLING THE RIGHT ATTITUDE AND CONFIDENCE THAT WILL HELP YOU REALIZE YOUR AMBITIONS AND DREAMS EASILY.