Updated: Nov 10, 2022
An international MBA degree can tremendously boost your career.
A Master of Business Administration degree, also known as an MBA, is a postgraduate-level program that will expand your career's global potential. An extensive (MBA study from abroad) program will provide you with a solid foundation in business essentials, including marketing, accounting, finance, managerial skills, strategy, business ethics, and human resources. This course is one of the most popular in the world.
Why pursue an MBA from abroad?
Attractive job benefits: An MBA graduate from a reputable international university receives a salary that is much more than an MBA graduate from an Indian B-school.
Bright career prospects: With an international MBA, you can go to CXO or leading entrepreneurial positions.
Networking opportunities: You will have many possibilities to network with students from other backgrounds, educators, possible employers, and people with substantial experience in their respective fields if you are pursuing an MBA overseas. Such a vibrant network will enable you to seize future possibilities.
Gain practical knowledge: Studying for an MBA abroad will prepare you for modern business challenges and give you a competitive edge in sophisticated management strategies.
The first and most crucial decision you must make is the university and nation to attend because they will determine how your career will develop. Keep in mind the following advice: research the university's standing and international accreditations, teaching staff, course design, infrastructure, and amenities, approximate cost of attendance, and scholarship and employment options after graduation.
MBA from Abroad eligibility in the top six study locations
1. Australia: Australia MBA program It takes three to four years to complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited university. You might need to demonstrate prior work experience of at least two to three years depending on the university and course specialization you choose.
2. Canada: All applicants for Canadian MBA programs must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. They may occasionally be required to provide proof of three years of full-time employment.
3. New Zealand: You must have three to four years of work experience in addition to a degree from an accredited university if you want to study MBA in New Zealand.
4. Ireland: You need a degree from an accredited university as well as a minimum of three to five years of professional experience to be eligible to study MBA in Ireland.
5. The UK: Students can apply for an MBA program in the UK after completing three years of undergraduate study. The majority of UK universities require a minimum of three years of full-time managerial work experience.
6. The US: The most fundamental prerequisite for an MBA in the USA is the successful completion of a bachelor's degree, which takes 16 years to complete. You may still apply even if you already hold a master's degree. For executive MBAs, a minimum of two to 10 years of prior work experience is required.
Exams required to study MBA from abroad
A solid GMAT or GRE score is required to enroll in an MBA program at an overseas university. GRE and GMAT can each be taken up to five times in a 12-month period; however, GRE can only be taken once every 21 days and GMAT once every 16 days. GMAT assesses a student's analytical writing and integrated thinking skills.
numerical ability, critical thinking, and sentence correction
All study abroad programs require an IELTS score between 6.0 and 6.5 to demonstrate your English language skills.
The annual cost of an MBA from Abroad
1. Australia: AUD 39,000- AUD 90,000 (approx.)
2. Canada: CAD 30,000 - CAD 42,000 (approx.)
3. New Zealand: NZD 31,000-NZD 50,000 (approx.)
4. Ireland: €9,950 - €34,500 (approx.)
5. The UK: £5,000- £30,000 (approx.)
6. The US: $10,000-$35,000 (approx.)
*Please note all costs are indicative
1. Canada: Depending on which of the three MBA programs you choose, the course length might range from 10 months to 2 years:
2. Australia: MBA programs at Australian universities can last anywhere from 18 months to 2 years.
3. New Zealand: A average course lasts for around a year.
4. Ireland: Your MBA degree from Ireland will take a year to complete.
5. The UK: In the UK, an MBA program typically lasts just one year.
6. The US: It takes two years and four semesters to complete a full-time MBA degree. If you want to pick up the necessary business skills quickly, one-year MBA programs are a viable alternative.
There are scholarships for Indian students
Numerous scholarships are available to ensure that students are financially secure while they are studying abroad. The most well-liked ones consist of:
1. Canada: Quebec Provincial Government Scholarship,
2. Australia: Australia Awards Scholarships
3. New Zealand: New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships, Palmerston North City Mayor's Goodwill Ambassador Scholarship, New Zealand Excellence Awards (NZEA)
4. Ireland: The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship. NUI Galway International Student Scholarships (Max Arthur McAuliffe Special, Merit Scholarship, Sir Peter Freyer Special Merit Scholarship)
5. The UK: The Chevening Scholarships, The Commonwealth Scholarships, and Charles Wallace Scholarships.
6. The US: Foreign Fulbright Student Program, Humphrey Fellowship Program.
Top career options after completing MBA from abroad
Your employment options will be greatly expanded by earning an international MBA, and you can select your favorite area of specialisation from marketing, finance, operations, or technology. As a brand manager, product manager, marketing research analyst, business analyst, marketing manager, financial analyst, chief financial officer, or data processing manager, among others, you might find work in the industry. In fact, if you have strong practical expertise, you may be able to advance to the top management of a multinational corporation.
The MBA is one of the most lucrative degrees in the world, and it has a very broad range of employment options. It should come as no surprise that students work extremely hard to get into reputable business schools and universities so they can pursue their aspirations and profit from their investments. Get ready and chisel yourself into the foreign university of your choice if you want to advance your profession with the appropriate degree.